The venue is the Scarriff GAA all-weather pitch on Sat June 9th.
There will be two groups of three teams. Each team will play the other teams in their group in a league. They will play each other twice, changing ends. Standard points allocation applies. The top two teams from each group will progress to the knock out stages (semi-finals, final).
Registration of teams and payment in full must happen before start of play. A liability waiver form must also be signed by EACH member of the team, before start of play.
Refreshments available locally.
There are no changing rooms this year, and no water supply, so please bring your own water. All teams are asked to bring their own first aid equipment. A toilet will be provided.
Registration for Group 1 will take place between 10am and 10.15am; Group 1 matches will kick off at 10.30am.
Group 1 Teams:
- Mixed Bag Allstars
- Bantasaurus Rekt
- Diggle Wanderers FC
Registration for Group 2 will take place between 12pm and 12.15pm; Group 2 matches will kick off at 12.30pm.
Group 2 Teams:
- Chops FC
- Ballina Boys
- Polonia Limerick
Any team that delays the start of a game by 5 mins will concede that game 1-0.
Rules of Competition (please note change to rule 10 – highlighted in bold)
- Eight-a-side matches, 15 minutes long, no half-time break. Max 2 substitutes allowed – roll-on, roll-off, player coming off must leave the pitch before the sub comes on. Subs allowed on/off as many times as they wish.
- Ball allowed to be played in the air as in normal 11-a-side game.
- Ball kicked out over fence – play restarted by opposing team with throw in or goal kick where it left field.
- Ball touches outside of net (back or side) – keeper’s ball.
- Goalkeeper area marked on pitch, keeper can only handle ball inside this (but is free to move in and out of area, as are all players).
- All free kicks direct, opposition must be 5 yards away. No run up is permitted for penalties.
- Goalkeeper touches ball with hand from back pass, or keeps ball in his hands for more than 6 seconds – penalty.
- In league stages: if teams are level on points, goal difference will count, then goals scored, then the head to head record. If still level then a penalty shoot out will be held to decide final positions in group.
- Knock-out stages: if teams are level- penalty shoot-out; each team takes 5 penalties, then sudden death. A sub may take a penalty. No player can take a second penalty till all team mates have taken one.
- Play will not be stopped unless: injury to goalkeepers, serious injury to outfield player, or head injury. Otherwise play will continue at all times. The ball can bounce off the fence at the side without play stopping, but if the ball touches the fence/wall at the end line play will stop for a goal kick or corner. If the ball lands on top of net above goals – drop ball. Attention should be received off the field of play.
- There will be no added time, except for stoppages mentioned above.
- Each team is expected to bring a set of matching shirts or bibs.
- Each team or player is advised to be covered by insurance (individual or Group) as Mixed Bag United will not accept any liability for injuries or accidents that occur on the day, nor will it accept any liability for the personal belongings of players.
- Each team should bring water bottles and should bring basic first aid supplies.
- Players can register for a second team, but must pay the entry fee for each.
- In exceptional circumstances a team may call upon extra substitutes, but this can only happen with the approval of the organisers and the captain of the opposing team.
- Metal studs are not allowed.
PLEASE NOTE:- The referee’s decision is final. Any player arguing with the referee is liable to be cautioned. Abuse of any officials or opposing players is an offence, which may lead to a caution.
All the normal rules of soccer apply. In addition:
- If a player receives one yellow card in a match, that caution will not be carried into the next match, and the player will be caution-free for the next game.
- If a player receives two yellow cards in the same match, he will be dismissed and will be ineligible for the next game.
- If a player receives a straight red card he will be dismissed and ineligible for the next game.
- If a player receives a straight red card for any of the following offences, he will be dismissed immediately and will be ineligible for the remainder of the tournament:Violent Conduct; Serious foul-play; Spitting
A representative from Ennis and Clare Samaritans will present the winning team with the Iniscealtra Community Cup.
Any queries contact Phil (087 2368777).
Best of luck in the tournament.