The venue is the Scarriff GAA all-weather pitch on Saturday 9th September 2023.
There will be two groups of teams. Each team will play the other teams in their group in a league. Standard points allocation applies. The top two teams from each group will progress to the knockout stages (semi-finals, final).
Registration for Group 1 will take place between 9.30am and 9.45am; Group 1 matches will kick off at 10.00am.
Group 1 Teams:
- Ballina Boys
- East is East
- Team Moto
Registration for Group 2 will take place between 12pm and 12.15pm; Group 2 matches will kick off at 12.30pm.
Group 2 Teams:
- Spice Specials
- Only Fans FC
- Mixed Bag Evergreens
Registration of teams and payment in full must happen before start of play. A liability waiver form must also be signed by EACH member of the team, before start of play.
Refreshments are available locally.
Changing facilities, toilets and water are available – but please bring your own bottles. All teams are also asked to bring their own first aid equipment, as Mixed Bag United cannot provide first aid facilities – all teams are responsible for their own safety.
Rules of Competition
- Eight-a-side matches: games starting every 15 minutes (if five teams in the group) or every 20 minutes (if four teams in the group); no half-time break. Teams scheduled to play are asked to be ready to play as soon as the preceding game finishes. A maximum of two substitutes are allowed – roll-on, roll-off, (the player coming off must leave the pitch before the sub comes on). Substitutes are allowed on/off as many times as they wish.
- The ball is allowed to be played in the air as in a normal 11-a-side game. Players most stay on their feet when tackling – sliding tackles are not allowed.
- If the ball is kicked out over the fence – if at the side of the pitch play is restarted by the opposing team with a throw in where it left the field; if the ball goes out at the end of the pitch it is a goal kick or corner.
- If the ball touches the outside of the net (back or side) it is a goal kick.
- The goalkeeper’s area is marked on the pitch – the keeper can only handle the ball inside this (but is free to move in and out of the area, as are all players).
- All free kicks are direct, the opposition must be five meters away. No run up is permitted for penalties.
- If the goalkeeper touches the ball in the area with hands from a back pass, or if the referee deems they are holding it in their hands for more than 6 seconds – a penalty will be awarded.
- In the league stages: if teams are level on points, goal difference will count, then goals scored, then the head to head record. If still level then a penalty shoot out (see below) will be held to decide final positions in group.
- In the knock-out stages: if teams are level- there will be a penalty shoot-out: each team takes five penalties, then sudden death. A substitute may take a penalty. No player can take a second penalty till all team mates have taken one.
- Play will not be stopped unless: injury to goalkeepers, serious injury to an outfield player, or a head injury. Otherwise play will continue at all times. Attention should be received off the field of play. The ball can bounce off the fence at the side without play stopping, but if the ball touches the fence/wall at the end line play will stop for a goal kick or corner. If the ball lands on top of net above the goals play will restart with a drop ball.
- There will be no added time, except for stoppages mentioned above.
- Each team is expected to bring a set of matching shirts or bibs.
- Each team or player is advised to be covered by insurance (individual or group) as Mixed Bag United will not accept any liability for injuries or accidents that occur on the day, nor will it accept any liability for the personal belongings of players.
- Each team should bring water bottles and should bring basic first aid supplies.
- Players can register for a second team, but must pay the entry fee for each.
- In exceptional circumstances a team may call upon extra substitutes, but this can only happen with the approval of the organisers and the captain of the opposing team.
- Metal studs are not allowed.
PLEASE NOTE:- The referee’s decision is final. Any player arguing with the referee is liable to be cautioned. Abuse of any officials or opposing players is an offence, which may lead to a caution or sending off.
All the normal disciplinary rules of soccer apply. In addition:
- If a player receives one yellow card in a match, that caution will not be carried into the next match, and the player will be caution-free for the next game.
- If a player receives two yellow cards in the same match, he/she will be dismissed and will be ineligible for the next game.
- If a player receives a straight red card he/she will be dismissed and ineligible for the next game.
- If a player receives a straight red card for any of the following offences, he/she will be dismissed immediately, and will be ineligible for the remainder of the tournament: Violent Conduct; Serious foul-play; Spitting
A representative from Ennis and Clare Samaritans will present the winning team with the Iniscealtra Community Cup.
Any queries contact Phil (087 2368777).